Sunday, May 19, 2013

Being A Professional Sucks



So, if you haven't heard it before, being a professional, well, it sucks.   After teaching all day, I still only get 2/3rds of the pay of an average teacher, because I'm not contracted.  My responsibilities are the same as any other contracted teacher and therefore the expectations are also just the same.  I'm not really saying that to complain.  It's just a small part of the greater concept I have been pondering.

I love my job.  But I make next to no money.

I've considered becoming Arkansas's version of Jenna Marbles.  I could go get my master's degree, become a stripper, and get paid megabucks to post stupid videos on YouTube.   But then I remember, I'm a "professional".  Not to mention, I'm too lazy at the end of my school day to do any of that make up and partying business.


No comments:

Post a Comment